- 11-12 Organic Medjool Dates (200G pack)
- 1/3 cup of oats
- juice & zest of one big orange
- 50g melted dark chocolate
1. Into a food processor add all the ingredients except the chocolate & blend.
2. When combined well scoop out a spoonful and shape into 2 inch cookies. The dates are ready to come out of your processor when they mould really well in your hands into a smooth shape. I added the oats for extra texture & bulk.
3. Put all your bites onto a smooth surface & pop into the freezer for 20 mins.
4. After freezer time, loosen from the surface and melt your dark chocolate. (2 or less minutes in the microwave, stirring every 30 secs until done)
5. Roll your bites into the melted chocolate, pop back onto a flat surface and once all covered put them back into the fridge to harden the chocolate again.
You could totally add a base to these like in my twix bar vegan recipe and full on make them jaffa cakes! I bet dried/dehydrated orange chunks would be amazing in there too!